Finnish Local Heritage Federation
The Finnish Local Heritage Federation is the central organising body for local heritage work in Finland.
Our purpose is to promote recognition of the diversity of Finnish culture and regional cultures in Finland, as well as to develop and support local heritage projects and serve our members as the central lobbying body of local heritage work.
We are also engaged in social and regional planning, and work to preserve Finnish cultural environments and the appreciation of Finnish nature.
Our main aim is to promote the interests of our members and to give advice on questions of local heritage work, locality, and cultural heritage.
The Finnish Local Heritage Federation
- Arranges training for and courses on local heritage and regional work
- Provides information and issues publications on local heritage work
- Carries out local heritage projects and campaigns
- Organises the annual National Local Heritage Conference
- Gives awards for the Borough of the Year, the Local Heritage Act of the Year, the Local Heritage Society of the Year, and the Local Heritage Book of the Year
- Allocates grants for the repair of communal social buildings on behalf of the Ministry for Education and Culture
- Participates in the organisation of European Heritage Days (EHD) in Finland
- Co-ordinates activities for Europa Nostra Finland
Our members include over 850 societies. Individual supporters may also join the Local Heritage Federation.
Kalevankatu 13 A
Tel +358 9 612 6320
Fax +358 9 612 63250